Pots and pans are essential items in any kitchen and therefore need to be well cared for to last for a long time. However, they often end up getting stained, which can harm their appearance and even their functionality. But why does this happen? And how can these stains be removed? Check out the following:
Why do pots get stained?
Pots can get stained for several reasons, such as:
- Use of inappropriate sponges or cleaning products;
- Incorrect storage (for example, stacking pots without protection between them);
- Exposure to high temperatures, which can cause burn marks;
- Cooking acidic or highly salty foods, which can corrode the pots’ coating.
How to remove stains from aluminum pots?
Aluminum pots and pans are common in many kitchens and can become stained over time. To remove the stains, you can follow these tips:
-Mix baking soda with water to form a paste and apply it to the stains with a sponge. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse well.
-Use white vinegar: Heat a cup of white vinegar in the stained pan until it boils. Then, turn off the heat and let it cool. Next, wash as usual with detergent and hot water.
-Make a mixture of water with lemon juice or vinegar and let the pan soak for a few hours. Then, wash as usual.
How to prevent stains on pans?
Some simple tips can help prevent stains on pans, such as:
- Use only soft sponges and cleaning products specifically designed for pots and pans;
- Do not stack the pots and pans without protection between them;
- Avoid cooking very acidic or very salty foods;
- Do not heat the pans empty or leave them on the stove for too long without water or food inside.
By following these tips, you can keep your pots and pans clean and in good condition for much longer. And if stains persist, you can always turn to a professional cleaning company to help remove the toughest stains.